I am busy.
I will first admit that the primary reason that I am busy is because I’m attempting to balance a social life in with my academic life and future preparations.
Now I will relate to you, faithful reader, some of what I’m busy with:
- A paper on something about Connectionism and Language Learning (12-15pages)
- Reading and an assignment/paper for my Language Attitudes class, every Tuesday and Thursday.
- Reading for my East Asian Cinema class, every Monday and Wednesday.
- Compiling a linguistic description of the Korean spoken language.
- Preparatory work for my Public Speaking class, which sometimes involves rehearsing speeches.
- Doing paperwork, talking to various people, and running around trying to get my credits from Keio University approved and accepted into my William and Mary transcript and graduation credit total.
- Trying to do ground work for my Language Attitudes Research Project.
- Finding out how to apply, and applying to English Teaching Abroad programs like JET.
- Working 10-20 hours a week as a keyholder (supervisory position) at the candy shop.
- Trying to get letters of recommendation for various applications.
- Figuring out how to get certified for TEFL/TESL/TESOL.
- Buying groceries, cooking, eating.
- Keeping myself clothed with clean clothes.
- Keeping my living environment somewhat clean and orderly.
- Trying to maintain friendships.
- Trying to maintain active participation in extra curricular groups like FASA, ASC, and JCA.
- Occasionally I sleep.